Tuesday, February 3, 2009

What Happened to Strawberry Shortcake?

When I was littled I LOVED Strawberry Shortcake I even had my room done up with the everything Strawberry Shortcake! I mean it looked like pink and strawberries threw up all over my room. Hmmm wonder if that was because dad got remarried and I wasn't happy, well I'll leave that nugget for the phyciatrist I'll need when I'm older.

On to the CCC that I'm sorry to say is a little bit of a wreck (sorry for the pun to my fav Cake Wreck Blog). It looks like pour little SS was smooched by a HUGE strawberry! Her little leg is just dangling there and she can't even breath all you see is the top of her hat with a peak of hair. But yes this looks homemade so we must give props to the mom who tried and probably was running around crazy to get the party stuff and then remembered around midnight before the party (mind you out of a dead sleep) crap I didn't order a cake I must make one right now!! Threw up on the cupboards to see thankfully one box of cake mix, think think what can I make. Oh I know I'll make cupcakes and make a strawberry, Dora (made up name) would love that since SS is her hero! Strawberry how hard can that be? The question of death that lead to green and pink dyed fingers and maybe a few streaks in the hair. Around 2am she looks at the lump and thinks wow I really pulled that one off, it looks perfect!!!

The next morning when the fog is lifted from her sleepless night she looks at her creation and says ok I think maybe some sprinkles can help. Yup all better, oh wait I'll put it on a SS place mat and all will be great. Right? Thankfully Dora is 5 and could careless, except not sure what that strange taste is in the cake. Oh crap maybe a little of the vodka that was keeping me up last night slipped into the batter, no worries kids the alcohol had to be cooked out!


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw how cute is that CCC...and I used to LOVE Strawberry Shortcake when I was a kid...I can still remember the smell!

Unknown said...

I love Strawberry Shortcake! That is a cute cake :)