Sunday, January 11, 2009

Football ... Football ... Sunday ... Sunday

Today we're going to explore the Sunday Football CCC's. I have found some serious CCC examples on how cupcakes clumped together don't make the exact shape of a football, but still can be pretty cute. So Football Fans, hold on to your seats as we take this wild ride tackling and kicking all the way to the end zone. Did that sound like I know what I'm talking about? LOL yup so the sports girl here. Enjoy today's fun CCC's.

This example takes the football CCC to the swirly zone ... LOL. Don't you just love the touch of green under the cake, you just have to make sure that you know this is a ball on the field. The clumpy white for the stitching is a little off, but still a cute cake.
This football CCC has better white for the stitching and you got to love the use of chocolate frosting. Even if you can't make a perfect football shape with cupcakes you still can have a lot of chocolate frosting! Doesn't this just look like an ooey gooey goodness :).
Now this one I have a little problem with the shape, maybe the scalloping around the sides makes it hard not to notice. Now the color and the detail is super cool! And even more important the letter is perfect and spaced so nice.
Our last example of the day is a cute homemade one, that took on more of the shape of a cloud. The stitching is super cute and the brown is a nice color even if it doesn't help your thoughts when you see a lump and brown. Sorry just had to go there. Hey no matter what this cake rocks because it has my name on it. Don't you know that is the new rule of the game? LOL

4 comments:

Chef E said...

Now that is a good pull-apart cup cake 'Cake'...gotta love the home made ones! I have made plenty of ugly ones compared to that one! I think the writing is the hard part...

Debra said...

How appropriate. I am reading this post as I am watching my beloved Steelers play.

Chef E said...

Go Steelers...as long as it is not the cowboys winning...I dislike them, can you tell :)

Unknown said...

hmmm..lumpy footballs..not exactly appealing is it...you know Alexis..I am goig to hae to post my own superbowl cakes...how could I have let this slip by me..oh that's right I don't watch football lol.